Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

IT'S ALL HAPPENING IN PRIORY PARK!


There is so much happening in the park at present, it's difficult to keep up with things. Firstly, though, the 'molehills' that appeared today (19 March): new trees are going to be planted here, and should be in place within a day or so.


My thanks to the guys who were doing the work for the information, though if I had properly read an earlier email from Senior Park Ranger Lydia, I would have understood what they were doing.

The thing I focused on in Lydia's email was that work has begun on replacing the tarmac on paths at the north end of the park - this work will be done in stages, so that access should not be affected very much. Below is the picture I took earlier in the day - at the time, one of the paths had been cordoned off, and as I was thinking about this, I missed the mention of the tree planting.


While all these new developments are taking place, work is continuing on the Pavilion, the Rose Garden, and  around the Lily Pond.

It was hard work getting the funding, and seeing the planning process through, but it is so rewarding to see the progress that is being made now, and thanks again to everyone involved.